Well, it is January and we are in the year 2010. Do you remember when you were a kid thinking about what the year 2010 would be like...flying cars, techno clothes, the jetson and all. I remember thinking how old I would be in 2010--45 years old. I thought that sounded so old, it was like half of 90. Of course now I think it is pretty young. I never thought I would have a young lady graduating from high school and college and another one only in the 5th grade. I will be 52 when Sierra graduates.
Shay will be graduating this year, she has a busy year planned. She is going to San Francisco the end of January, New York in end of March, and Ecuador the beginning of July. College starts in August and she will be entering college as a junior. She received a Presidental Scholarship to UNF and should recieve the highest Bright Futures Scholarship. I am so proud of her accomplishment. Now if she would only decide what she wants to do with her life and most importantly get a JOB!
Sierra is in the 5th grade and is struggling through another year of school. Don't get me wrong it's not because she is not smart. She is very smart. She is not motivated. She would rather play and watch TV than do school work. We have our days, but she is a great kid to hang out all day with. She will grow up to be a great energtic woman.
Al finally went back to work in August. They worked him like crazy all the way up to Christmas. It almost made up for the 8 months he was out of work last year. God is good and always provides.
2010 looks to be a adventurous year for the Miness family. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this year. Hopefully he brings many of our friends along for the ride. I look forward to the adventures of 2010.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment